African Tails, who work in and around the Township areas of Dunoon and Joe Slovo, as well as Brooklyn, where they are situated, are our focus organisation for this month's “You Can Help Us” article. Read their list, visit their website, and help African Tails to continue their incredible work.
- Foster: African Tails has no kennel facilities and relies on foster homes to care for animals awaiting adoption.
- Kennels (new or second-hand): Most township dogs live outside and need shelter from the elements.
- Dog and cat food: (especially dry dog and cat food) is always welcome, not only for the animals in foster care but also for the animals in the low-income areas.
- Pet necessities: collars, leashes, blankets, healthcare equipment and products
- Fundraisers: Because African Tails have no governmental funding and rely entirely on donations, they always need volunteers to assist with fundraising, be it arranging events, assisting at adoption events, calendar sales, or whatever projects they are running at the time.
- Cash donations: African Tails receives no government funding so any donations – big or small – are essential.
Remember, everyone who spreads the word about the great work done by African Tails helps to save our street dogs!
If you are able to help with one of their needs or would like to read more about them, please contact African Tails at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (021) 510 5471. Visit their website at www.africantails.co.za and follow them on Facebook.